Tuesday, April 23, 2013

WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD


Snippet

To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

Scripture

young men and women,
    old people and children.
 Praise the Lord,
    because he alone is great.
    He is more wonderful than heaven and earth.
 God has given his people a king.
    He should be praised by all who belong to him;
    he should be praised by the Israelites, the people closest to his heart.
Praise the Lord!  Psalms 148:12-14 NCV

What a Wonderful World
Alison Mosshart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XI3atsTIuk

I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world.
I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
And I think to myself what a wonderful world.
The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shaking hands saying how do you do
They're really saying I love you.
I hear babies crying, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll never know
And I think to myself what a wonderful world
Yes I think to myself what a wonderful world.

Sentence Prayer


God, you have made our world and seen that is good;
Grant to us, created to complete your work,
The bright, delightful vision that
makes us care for what we do.
God of unchangeable power.
When you fashioned the world
The morning stars sang together
And the host of heaven shouted for joy;
Open our eyes to the wonders of creation
And teach us to use all things for good,
To the honor of your glorious name;
Through Jesus Christ out Lord.
You made us Lord, and we are yours;
Grant that we may so use your gifts that all your creatures
enjoy the harmony you planned. Amen  (A New Zealand Prayer Book Pg. 569,570)




No comments: