Monday, January 10, 2011

God’s Hospitality

Snippet

It has deep roots in the notion of God's every present hospitality in both nature

and other people, the idea that, properly understood, ever thing in creation

invites us to share in God's love. Dakota Kathleen Norris pg 202

Scripture

God appeared to Abraham at the Oaks of Mamre while he was sitting at the

entrance of his tent. It was the hottest part of the day. He looked up and saw three men standing. He ran from his tent to greet them and bowed before them.

He said, "Master, if it please you, stop for a while with your servant. I'll get some water so you can wash your feet. Rest under this tree. I'll get some food to refresh you on your way, since your travels have brought you across my path."

They said, "Certainly. Go ahead."

Abraham hurried into the tent to Sarah. He said, "Hurry. Get three cups of our best flour; knead it and make bread."

Then Abraham ran to the cattle pen and picked out a nice plump calf and gave it to the servant who lost no time getting it ready. Then he got curds and milk, brought them with the calf that had been roasted, set the meal before the men, and stood there under the tree while they ate. Genesis 11:1-8 Message

Song

Green Green Grass of Home

The old home town looks the same,
As I step down from the train,
And there to meet me is my mama and my papa.
Down the road I look, and there comes Mary,
Hair of gold and lips like cherries.
It's good to touch the green, green grass of home.

The old house is still standing,
Though the paint is cracked and dry,
And there's the old oak tree that I used to play on.
Down the lane I walk with my sweet Mary,
Hair of gold and lips like cherries.
It's good to touch the green, green grass of home.

Yes, they'll all come to see me,
Arms reaching, smiling sweetly.
It's good to touch the green, green grass of home.

Then I awake and look around me,
At the four gray walls that surround me,
And I realize that I was only dreaming.
For there's a guard, and there's a sad old padre,
Arm in arm, we'll walk at daybreak.
Again, I'll touch the green, green grass of home.

Yes, they'll all come to see me
In the shade of the old oak tree,
As they lay me 'neath the green, green grass of home
.

Sentence Prayer

Knowing that God loves me unconditionally I look honesty over the last day; it's

events and my feelings. Do I have something to be grateful for ? Then I give thanks.

Is there something I am sorry for? Then I ask for forgiveness.

Sometimes I wonder what I might say if I were to meet you in person Lord. I think I

might say. "Thank you Lord" For always being there for me. I know with certainty

there were times you carried me, Lord, when It was through your strength I got

through the dark times in my life. taken from http://sacredspace.ie/

  1. dore Praise God for His Hospitality in nature and People

    Praise Jesus for His Unconditional Love

    Praise the Holy Spirit for making the Holy of Holies in your heart.


     

    C.onfess the times you have not reflected God's hospitality


 

T.hank God for the things you have taken for granted such as the green Grass


 

S.uplication Pray for those who are dying because of a lack of hospitality: Children in a Childrens hospital, wounded Vets, Orphans, the elderly and inmates.

No comments: