Tuesday, June 3, 2014

LIGHT

Snippet

Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”  ― Martin Luther King Jr.,
Scripture

You are like light for the whole world. A city built on top of a hill cannot be hidden, 15 and no one would light a lamp and put it under a clay pot. A lamp is placed on a lampstand, where it can give light to everyone in the house.  Make your light shine, so that others will see the good that you do and will praise your Father in heaven Matthew 5:14-15 CEV

Turn My Light Up
Picassomusik

Verse 1: Turn My light up baby,
I take it to the club you can call me crazy
But I seen the ghost like Patrick Swayze
Built tough so them words that you say cant break me
I’m a 80’s baby and a 90’s kid
I grew up in the era of Tupac and Big
Rap beef turned violent they shot Pac and Big
And we still feeding the same hip hop to our kids
I don’t know what it is I cant place my finger on it
Not blaming hip hop alone so this is not finger pointing
But that has to be a point when you finally fed up
So like you in a barber chair you gotta keep your head up
Whether its getting better or you scrapping for cheddar
Please its just cheese It’ll never last forever
But If you in the Father when you die you last forever
And we in the same family so lets shine together

Chorus:
From the church to the club, from the burbs to the hood
I’m just here to spread love, Can I turn my light up
Turn my light up, turn my turn my light up (repeat 3x’s)

Verse 2:
See my light I’m shining
Similar to Rhianna song bright like a diamond
Lebron James the game on the mic when I’m rhyming
From VA so like Pusha and No Malice I’m grinding
But not like them skateboarders
I’m serving God at the table with a pen and a pad ready to take orders
Mr. International well you could say sort of
Soon as I hit the UK when I left the states borders
Was doing this before Vick played in the state of Georgia
Made my first song in my room on a tape recorder
Shout out to my people from VA to California
Its time to turn our light up so they cant ignore us
And turn a blind eye how else they gone find God
If we don’t show them the way homey its our job
We need to get out in the streets and get on our grind
And let our light shine like we playing in prime time

Bridge:

This little light of mine I’m gonna let it shine let it shine (repeat 3x’s)

Sentence Prayer

Father:

May  your love shine brightly Throught me this day!  Amen

No comments: